Camping meals are indeed a must-have for any outdoor activities. You want to avoid starving, especially when the weather conditions are harsh.
Take note: Camping meals must be nutritious and, at the same time, palatable.
In addition, these meals must be easy to prepare and not require extensive cooking since utensils and tools are limited when camping.
Thus, this article will discuss camping meals you can try for the family. These meals can be eaten for breakfast, lunch, snack, or dinner.
Check this out now!
Breakfast Camping Meals
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. This will fuel your body and prepare you for various activities. Thus, one must not skip breakfast even when outdoors. Try these breakfast camping meals that must be prepared at your home before you reach the campsite!
Breakfast Burritos Camping Meals
Burritos are Mexican food that consists of a flour tortilla and a filling wrapped in a close-ended cylinder. The wheat flour is sometimes grilled or steamed.
Burritos have now become America's favorite breakfast meal. When camping, you can prepare the ingredients for a breakfast burrito, and when it's mealtime, just put the burritos on hot coal for around 15 minutes.
Prepare the tortillas, eggs, cheese, bacon, and chopped onions. Place the fillings inside the tortillas, wrap them, and put them inside a foil.
Then, store the foiled burritos in a Ziploc bag and grill it when it's breakfast time!
Cereal with Fruits and Milk
Cereals are one of the staple breakfasts of Americans. It is a soup made of processed cereal grains mixed with fruits, milk, or yogurt. Cereals are packed with vitamins and minerals that the body needs to start the day.
Prepare all cereal ingredients at home and put them in a Ziploc bag. Grab the cereal, milk, yogurt, nuts, and fruits such as fresh bananas, strawberries, and blackberries.
Freeze it until you leave for the camp. Meanwhile, pour the cereal mixture into a pot at the campsite and bring it to a boil for a few minutes. Pour the breakfast cereal into a bowl and enjoy your healthy breakfast!
If your kids want something sweet and savory for breakfast, why not try roasted Cinnamon Rolls for camping meals?
Cinnamon rolls are a sweet pastry with cinnamon, sugar, butter, or icing, popular in Northern Europe and America. You can buy cinnamon rolls in your favorite pastry shop before your camp. Then, put the registration on the roasting sticks.
Ensure you keep turning the sticks to cook the cinnamon rolls, especially in the center. Make your kids turn the sticks, but keep an eye on them to not burn the rolls and their hands.
Finally, put the cinnamon rolls on a plate and some icing to make it awesome!
A pancake is a flat, thin, round cake of eggs, flour, milk, and butter. Pancakes are cooked in pans using butter or oil. Americans love putting caramel, cinnamon, fruits, or yogurt on the pancakes to level their breakfast!
To enjoy pancakes camping:
- Prepare the mixture in your home using eggs, flour, baking soda, milk, and butter.
- Put it in a Ziploc bag, and you can freeze it.
- When it's breakfast time in the camp, get the Ziploc and cook the pancake mixture in the pan.
- Add some toppings to your pancake, and enjoy your meal!
Omelets or Omelletes are made of beaten eggs cooked with butter and oil. This meal is packed with energy that the body needs, and 100 grams of omelets include various vitamins and minerals. To prepare this, crack the eggs in a Ziploc bag.
Then, add onion, pepper, cheese, sausage, ham, spinach, salt, and butter. Next, put the mixture on the cooler, and when it's breakfast time, get the omelet mixture. Put the Ziploc bag in the boiling water and cook for 10 minutes.
Finally, open the bag and pull out the omelet on it. Then, voila! You can now enjoy an omelet at your campsite!
Yogurt and Granola
Granola is another breakfast meal that consists of rolled oats, honey, nuts, puffed rice, and brown sugar. Granola is baked until it becomes golden brown.
This meal is high in calories and protein, giving you energy for the whole day of activities. In addition, it is also a healthy snack option too. You can buy granola at the supermarket or prepare it at home.
Mix the nuts, rolled oats, dried fruits, and honey in a bowl to do this. Then, bake the granola mixture in the oven.
As the granola cools, put it inside the mason jars and add some yogurt. Open it at the campsite when it's already time for breakfast!
Lunch Camping Meals
Lunch replenishes the energy in your body and enables you to focus on the remaining activities for the rest of the afternoon. Furthermore, people who eat lunch can prevent overeating during dinner time.
In this section, we will give examples of lunch camping meals that are healthy and delicious at the same time.
Chicken and Veggies
The first lunch camping meal is Chicken and Vegetables. You can prepare the ingredients beforehand at your home.
To do this:
- Bring the chicken to a boil to soften it, and slice the chicken breast into tiny pieces.
- Add broccoli, plum, red onion, tomatoes, zucchini, garlic, paprika, and salt.
- Put the mixture in tin foil and wrap it nicely.
- Place the tin foil on hot coals near the fire for about 30 minutes.
- As soon as it cooks, get it from the foil and put it on your plate. You can season it with salt and pepper, depending on your taste.
This meal is packed with protein and vitamins, which are suitable for the body. Thus, try this at your next camp!
An excellent way to enjoy lunchtime is to eat your catch, just like the fish! Fish is low in fat yet high in protein. It is also rich in omega-3 Fatty acids, Vitamin D, Vitamin B2, Calcium, Magnesium, and Potassium. As you catch fish, make sure to clean it first.
There are various ways to cook fish in camping:
- You can fry it. Prepare the frying pan, spatula, and cooking stove.
- You can put some bread or salt on the fish.
- I put the fish in the pan and fried it. Another method is through boiling the fish. Put a pot of clean water on fire.
- Put the fish. If you bring butter and some seasoning, add it to the fish. The fish is done when the flesh becomes flaky.
- You can cook the fish on coals.
Put the fish on roasting sticks and put it in the coals. Turn it repeatedly until its parts are cooked.
Who says you can't enjoy pizza on camps? Cook a pizza like a pro now! You can prepare this pizza mixture beforehand.
You can buy the pizza dough or make your own. Shape the dough into a square. Then, add some tomato sauce, cheese, ham, vegetables, or toppings you like. Roll the dough, wrap it in foil, and freeze it.
Cook it on camp through the grill by flipping it often. Grill the pizza on the foil for 30 minutes. Once it is done, put it on a plate and eat it!
Tomato and Beans Soup
Finally, enjoy a good tomato and bean soup even in the wild. Mix tomatoes, taco seasoning, canned beans, and ground beef beforehand. Then, cook the soup for a few minutes. Put the mixture in a Ziploc bag and freeze it as it cools. Grab the bag on the day of your camp.
When it's time for lunch, put the tomato soup mixture in a pot over the fire and let it simmer for a few minutes, then voila! You now have your tomato and bean soup!
Dinner Camping Meals
Don't go to sleep hungry and eat dinner instead. Try these camping meals even if you don't have the time and energy to prepare for one. Check this out below!
Baked potatoes can fill your heart and tummy after a tiring camping day. Once cooked, you can put ham, butter, or cheese on it.
To do this:
- Clean the potato first.
- Wash it and remove the blemishes.
- Dam the potato with oil or salt and prick it with a fork to allow the steam to escape during cooking.
- Wrap the potato in a clean foil. You can add some seasoning or parsley to it.
- Cook it for 20 to 30 minutes over hot coals on the grilling pan.
You can peel its skin and discard it as soon as it's done. Add cheese, butter, mayo, or toppings to your baked potato! Share it with your loved ones and enjoy dinner time!
Pasta is a traditional Italian cuisine that is popular around the world. You can bring pasta to the wild and have a sumptuous dinner!
To do this:
- Cook the pasta and the chicken at your home.
- Boil it in water until it is done.
- Prepare the pasta ingredients, such as the sauce, seasonings, and vegetables.
- Mix all the ingredients and put them in the Ziploc bag.
- Freeze the bag and grab it when you're ready to go.
- During dinner, pour the mixture into the pan and cook for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Put some cheese or parsley when it's done!
Another awesome camping meal is grilled meat. The family can enjoy the moment and commune with nature when they grill their dinner. You can choose to have pork, chicken, sausage, hotdog, lamb, or others.
To do this:
- Prepare the grilling place and your ingredients.
- Clean the meat and put it on sticks.
- Put it on the grilling board and turn it from side to side to cook all parts of the food.
- Put the grilled meat on the plate and serve it to the whole family!
Apart from grilled meat, enjoy a kebab too at your camp!
A kebab is a meat dish that is popular in the Middle East. However, Americans have also learned to love it!
Kebabs consist of meat, seafood, fruits, and vegetables. Prepare the kebab beforehand at your home.
To do this, boil the meat and seafood to soften them. Then, slice it into small pieces. Next, cut the fruits and vegetables too. Put the meat, seafood, fruits, and vegetables in a separate Ziploc bag.
Next, freeze it overnight and grab it when you're ready to leave. On the campsite, put the kebab ingredients on the stick and grill it on fire. Put some salt, pepper, or other seasonings to taste.
It takes 20 minutes to grill the kebab, and after cooking, go ahead and enjoy this nice menu!
Salad predominantly consists of fruits, vegetables, meats, or grains; you can have it for dinner. It is usually served chilled with seasonings.
To prepare a salad for dinner:
- Get some lettuce, cucumber, scallions, tomatoes, bacon, and cheese.
- Slice it thinly and put it in a Ziploc bag or a foil.
- Put it in the fridge to chill for a few hours, and grab it when you're ready to leave and camp outdoors.
- Place your salad on your plate and enjoy it! You can add salt, pepper, or some cheese to it!
Snacks and Desserts
Lastly, you can also enjoy your favorite desserts, even in camps. (Yes, you've heard that right!) These desserts are delicious and easy to prepare.
First, you can enjoy apples in camps! Bring apples with you and wash them. Next, put it on sticks and roast it on hot coals. There's no need to peel the Apple's skin; you can eat it too. Add cinnamon, honey, sugar, or whatever option you have for your roasted apples as soon as it cooks.
Sandwiches are the best during camps. Bring some bread, cheese, lettuce, salt and pepper, and cold ham to prepare one. Next, put it on a foil. Finally, heat it on the grill for a few minutes and enjoy your sandwich!
Finally, treat yourself with s'mores!
To do this:
- Prepare some crackers, chocolate bars, and marshmallows.
- Put the ingredients on tin foil.
- Put the ingredients on the skewers and roast the S'mores!